Undo Your Heart Diseasewith the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program at Prairie
“The staff and the group experience
were essential to my success
in the program.”
– Jim Vavrek, program participant
“It is so simple! I wish other people would understand
that they have choices other than just medications,
to manage their disease.”
– Cathy Lynch, program participant
Ornish Lifestyle Medicine
is the only program scientifically proven to reverse the progression of heart disease through significant changes in lifestyle.
The choices we make in our lives have a powerful effect on out health.
It’s never been a better time to make those choices count.
Patient journey through the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine program
Heal your body by…
- Reducing the risk of a heart-related event.
- Decreasing the frequency and severity of chest pain.
- Lowering the likelihood of future surgery.
- Lessening your dependence on medications.
- Lowering your cholesterol, improving your blood pressure, and losing weight.
- Increasing your capacity for exercise.
Heal your mind by…
- Experiencing delicious meals and discovering how to prepare them at home.
- Taking part in regular, fun 30 minute exercise sessions that will easily fit into your daily routine.
- Learning a range of innovative techniques that will help you feel more peaceful and manage stress more effectively.
- Giving and receiving emotional support and unlocking the healing power of a community focused on living long, joyful and abundant lives.
- Continuing the experience through alumni support groups and online communities.